As a professional developer and a long time enthusiast, I’ve built up a preference for some specific computing environment. While I prefer macOS for most things, my heart still lies with Linux despite not being able to use it much professionally.
Here is my setup. Links provided are affiliate links, which will give me a small kickback if you use them to buy anything – at no cost to you.
- 32" Dell U3219Q 4k Monitor
- center using Ergotron - LX Desk Mount Arm
- 2x27" Dell U2723QE 4k monitors
- portrait orientation on the sides, using Amazon Basics VESA mounts
- Audient iD4 MKII audio interface
- YAMAHA HS5 Powered Studio Monitors
- Rode PodMic microphone
- Rode PSA1 microphone arm
- Sennheiser HD 558 headphones
- CalDigit TS3 Plus Thunderbolt 3 Dock
- StarTech USB-C KVM
- Drop High-Profile ALT (black) with Industrial PBT keycaps
- Logitech MX Master 3S
- Logitech BRIO webcam
- UPLIFT Standing desk with 60"x30" walnut top
- Herman Miller Embody chair (black)
I’ve been a long time Mac user. Currently, I’m using a 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max.
This is my hobby/fun computer. I used to game a lot more on it but I haven’t found that as enjoyable anymore.
- Fedora Linux desktop using Gnome desktop
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 3950
- Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 Aurus Master
- Memory: G-Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB x2 (64GB total)
- GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT
- Power Supply: Seasonic Prime TX-850 Titanium power supply
- Case: Sliger Cerberus X
- SSDs: Gigabyte Aurus NVMe Gen4 M.2 2TB x1, Gigabyte Aurus NVMe Gen4 M.2 1TB x2
Server & Rack Components
- Beelink SER5 MAX
- 2TB NVMe OS drive
- 4TB SSD data drive
- 4TB DAS backup drive
- TrueNAS Scale
- Docker & Portainer host
- UniFi home network rack
- House has been wired with CAT6, 20 ports in all.
- Nest Doorbell (1st gen), Nest Cam w/floodlight (garage), Nest Smoke & CO alarm, Nest Thermostats (x3)
- Various UPS and NAS, not notable enough to specify.
Common Platform Software
- All my settings are in my dotfiles
- Editors: VS Code and neovim
- Shell: zsh, oh-my-zsh, and starship prompt
- Terminal: Alacritty and tmux
- Tools: git, node.js, React, Docker
- Font: FiraCode Nerd Font
- Browsers: Chrome & Firefox
- Comms: Slack, Teams, Discord